First to Third

A run on sports...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"They're Not That Drunk!"


"Cheeky Bastards!"
If you know what movie that is from you are officially my friend forever.

Well I found another reason for the French haters to keep on hating.
As reported in the New Zealand Herald, under French law, no alcohol can be sold inside sporting stadiums.
According to the story a couple of Aussies did not know this and kept spending their money on non-alcoholic beer to keep their buzz up. Poor bastards did not know about the French law and got a little curious when no one was buying beer during the rugby match in which Australia destroyed Japan 91-3.

Yes I know it is not imperative to have beer accompany a sporting event. But it sure makes it a hell-of-a-lot more enjoyable. Why do you think Cleveland Browns fans still go to their football games? For the beer and parties of course!

Now, if you do not know what movie the quotes derive from... then you are missing out my friends.
Do yourself a favor and see Beer Fest.

Gems like this are in the movie:

Barry Badrinath: [after breaking beer mug with a ping pong spike] What do you think about that, fuckhead?
Hammacher: [Takes a bite of glass from the broken mug] What do you think about that, headfuck?
-----
Jan Wolfhouse: So yeah, I heard you got fired from the brewery?
Landfill: [Landfill gets mad, throws his trophy] God damn brewery! You know that brewery makes 10,000 bottles of beer a day. I drink 45 of them, and I'm the asshole!
-----
Barry Badrinath: I was in Thailand, playing Ping-Pong in Ding Dang. I was in a real high-stakes game in some opium den. Turned out the guys I was playing aren't the kind of guys who like to lose. After I beat them... they beat me. Worked me over pretty good. And this is hard to say... but they held me down... and they shoved a ping pong paddle up my ass. It's never been the same. I'm damaged goods.
Steve "Fink" Finklestein: Gosh, Barry, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I would do if somebody shoved a paddle handle up my ass.
Barry Badrinath: Wasn't the handle. I've been shitting pancakes ever since.

Now I have just caused myself some depression for missing the Stone Brewing Company beer festival for the third consecutive year. Damn where is Margarita when I need her, she would have reminded me.
Anyways, if anyone has a beer fest of their own, please send me an invite.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home