First to Third

A run on sports...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This League Is Still Around?


This may be a couple days late, but it is not like anyone will notice...
It seems the WNBA is desperate to show that they actually have fans of their "league". AT&T and Airmaster want to ensure that women's basketball fans "have an opportunity to experience the Detroit Shock".

Um ok... Maybe AT&T is high on iPhone money, but there are not ANY women's basketball fans. I mean aside from Sue Bird and my personal favorite, Diana Taurasi (she just does it for me), is there any reason to watch that league? I think all women's basketball should be banned after college, and even that is pushing it.

Look, I am not being sexist, it is just tough to watch. If I wanted to see 20% shooting from the field I would rejoin the basketball league I participated in, where my team went 2-11 (one of those games we won we had a 5-on-4 advantage).

And I just noticed that Taurasi is in the WNBA finals, which means I will catch one minute of the series now. I hope the Phoenix Mercury win it now, not just because of Taurasi, but because I hate Bill Laimbeer forever.
Actually let me take that back, upon further review my unknown love for Taurasi has disappeared, so I wanted to picture Bird instead. Sorry WNBA, another lost TV audience member.

Must...post...new...entry...can't have WNBA...on the very top...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home