First to Third

A run on sports...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Hump Day!


The cliche office talk of a Monday-Friday job is something I do not miss at all. It can be heard all over the place.
On Monday: "Hey how you doing today?" Answer: "Ugh, it is Monday"
Um yeah, that is why we are here after not seeing each other over the weekend.

On Tuesday: "Hey how you doing today?" Answer: "I am just glad it is not Monday"
Jeez, do you hate Monday that bad? Sounds like a case of the "Mondays"; which brings me to one of the all-time lines in a movie:

Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?
Lawrence: No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Office Space. You have to love that the movie captures everything about the Monday-Friday, 8-5. I know I will probably be back to that, but it is always nice to laugh about it.

Now to today's saying: Happy Hump Day!
I am not going to lie, when someone first said this to me when I was a 19-year-old I thought it had to do with having sex on Wednesdays. So I went home after work on Wednesday and made sure I had sex with my girlfriend at the time. Hey, I had to fit in, someone wished me a happy hump day.

Who the hell makes these sayings up?!?
Anyways, every Wednesday I will be posting pictures of hot sports wives/girlfriends in honor of my least favorite office saying. Send in any requests or suggestions.

This week I bring you Joumana Kidd. Yes I know she is divorced; that is why I put my noggin' on his body, err I mean my body.

Oh and another one I loathe: Happy Friday. From every person in the damn office. Ugh, even the UPS dude would tell me that each week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home