First to Third

A run on sports...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Second With "Extreme" Sports

In sixth grade I attempted to be a BMX rider with my GT Interceptor. That failed when I could barely get the nerve to go off the dirt jumps at Koch Park.

Then I turned to skateboarding in junior high school. Initially I started to fit in, but in high school I got serious about it. Especially my sophomore year, when I stopped going to parties and decided to skateboard at night instead. By my senior year I was pretty good but got discouraged by the rate at which the young kids were taking over the skateboard world. I knew I had no chance to get sponsored.

I dabbled in snowboarding for fun but have not been boarding since 1999. I still get on my skateboard every once and awhile to mess around.

Anyways, what I am trying to get at is that I will post some "extreme" sports stuff here on occasion.
That being said, I have always wondered if the kite surfers got detached from their kites. Well as you can tell by the video, the answer is yes.

I hate the term "extreme sports," but it is here and that is that. Asi es, asi sera.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home