First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Phanatic Wants October!


Being in Southern California and the fact that I primarily watch AL games, I never get to see the antics of the Phillies Phanatic. Watching him on youtube does not do him justice, he needs to be in the playoffs! If someone can make a Phanatic costume please call me ASAP, I need to be him for Halloween.

I doubt the Phillies will beat out the Padres for NL wild card, but a man can dream right?
The Dodgers, Phillies, and Rockies all trail the Padres by 2.5 games for the NL wild card race. Los Dodgers still have a game left against the Pad-Squad so they can close that gap to 1.5 games by tomorrow.

ESPN is not happy right now because the Tampa Bay Devil Rays keep giving games away to the Red Sox. Tonight it was David Ortiz being David Ortiz by dropping a two-run walk-off HR on Rays pitcher Al Reyes.
Stuart Scott is crying right now because the Yankees won their 7th in a row but could not gain ground on the Red Sox. I cringe every time I hear "cooler than the other side of the pillow" come out of Scott's mouth during Sportscenter.

Did you know that they face each other this weekend? I am surprised that ESPN has not bought the rights to all three games of their series.

Angels magic number is now down to nine after Kelvim Escobar picked up his 17th win in an 18-6 victory.

The Chicago Cubs and Milwaukee Brewers are tied again in the NL Central. I would continue to write about them but it will be like this for the next couple of weeks. Like I said before, the Cubs will take it based on the Brewers schedule.

Oh and Cleveland has pretty much locked up their division, as has the Mets, and dare I say Diamondbacks.

*And the final OH!: The Royals will not have a 100-loss season for the first time in four years. That is awesome. Poor Royals fans.

A month ago when the Royals were playing the Angels in Anaheim I clapped for seeing a gentleman wearing Royals gear. That is a true fan right there. I wish I could buy that man a beer right now, oh well, I will have one in his honor today.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home