First to Third

A run on sports...

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Michigan: Show Some Hart


Michigan RB Mike Hart will have the nation watching as he tries to run his squad to victory after he guaranteed a win over Notre Dame following their loss to Oregon (Pac-10 woot). He surely will have the opportunity to carry his team to victory, since Michigan will be starting freshman QB Ryan Mallett following an injury to Chad Henne.

I bet Mallett appreciates the guarantee by Hart, I am sure it has not caused any pressure on the freshman. Hart better carry the ball 30+ times in that game or I would be highly disappointed in Michigan coach Lloyd Carr and Mallett.

This also puts pressure on Notre Dame and their coach, Charlie Weis. A player on the team that has been struggling, let me rephrase that, sucking, basically says you are going to be the victim of their first victory.
At least Weis has some locker room motivation to give to his players. Or, he could always call up his old buddy, Bill Belichick and borrow his camera assistants to get an edge on the Wolverines.

Notre Dame is trying to avoid their second 0-3 start in school history. At least one of these teams will win, and should draw some good ratings (I know I will catch some of the game):

As reported in USA Today:
"Saturday's Notre Dame (0-2) vs. Michigan (0-2) on ABC could be a big ratings draw. Seriously. Michigan's blowout loss to Oregon on Saturday drew an overnight rating 61% higher than regionalized action in the time slot last year while Notre Dame's blowout loss to Penn State drew an overnight up 115% from comparable action last year. Watching the supposedly mighty fall can be fun." Source

Now, I cannot totally hate Notre Dame because I do not watch them often, but I must say that I was disappointed when they fired Ty Willingham. Thus the reason for the picture I posted. I was a big fan of Ty but am thankful now that he is coaching in the Pac-10.

Do not underestimate the Pac-10 in sports, especially now that Oregon has one of the best coaches in college baseball (had to throw in my buddy George Horton).

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home