First to Third

A run on sports...

Friday, September 14, 2007

Okay, Okay...


I admit it, I watched the game 4 of the WNBA finals. And like Patrick commented on this page (I really do appreciate the feedback), it was very entertaining. Hell, it was better than watching the Spurs-Cavaliers NBA finals.

Cappie Pondexter and the Phoenix Mercury forced a deciding fifth game by defeating the Detroit Shock 77-76 last night.

The clutch shooting by both teams impressed me the most, as well as the defense that was played. So yes, I will watch the final game in its entirety on Sunday. The game will be played at The Palace in Auburn, and I hope they do not use the same public address announcer as the Pistons do; that guy is just plain annoying. I will take a Lawrence Tanter any day of the week.

It was also nice seeing Karl Malone in the stands of the game (to watch his daughter Cheryl Ford). I used to despise Malone until he went to the Los Angeles Lakers, and I got to read and see more about him. Too bad he had to join the Lakers so late in his career, it would have been nice to see him get a ring in a Lakers uniform (although it would have been more fitting in a Utah jersery).

So kids, the moral of the story: Don't be too quick to judge. (I still reserve the right to not like the league though)

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

  • At September 14, 2007 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

    Good for you. I will admit two things...

    1) Game four was way better than your average WNBA game.

    2) It still wasn't the best WNBA game I've seen.

    Your right to not like the league is always yours...and I reserve the right to avoid watching Grizzlies/Hawks and Hawks/Bobcats matchups like the plague. Give me Mavs/Suns anyday...

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 9:29 AM , Blogger L.J. said...

    The NBA definitely has some horrible games. It used to be my favorite league, but the recent actions of the players has turned me off. Arrests, fights, whining, average players demanding absurd contracts, I can go on and on...

    The Mavs/Warriors series was the best playoff series I have seen in a long time. I hope the NBA moves into the right direction and gets back on track.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I guess shooting under 40% is clutch. Clang clang

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    One team under 40% shooting makes it like the NBA finals, thanks to Clankland Cavs.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Clutch isn't about percentage, it's about the situation. And Detroit was 7/14 from three and 48% on FGs, nothing to complain about there.

    That said, Phoenix needs to get their % up for Game 5 or they'll come home empty-handed.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Patrick said...

    mavs/warriors was a great series...the playoffs for both leagues have been far better this year...

    of course the fun of fast paced ball will disappear quick if drag them out teams like San Antonio keep winning championships.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 10:16 AM , Blogger L.J. said...

    Like anonymous said, the clutch shooting I was referring to was the situational shots. Clutch shooting does not mean shooting for average, it is making your shots when it matters.

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Probably shooting that little ball helps. And can those ladies chuck. I don't know if they are playing another game on that court, theyll need a blacksmith to straighten out those rims

     
  • At September 14, 2007 at 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I couldn't believe one shot that had me diving for the remote. A jumper that hit the BOTTOM of the rim. I came, I saw, I switched channels

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home