First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Aw I Remember The Days

When I used to make fun of rollerbladers because that is what skateboarders were supposed to do, especially in junior high.

But to be honest, I was friends with a couple of them in high school. They knew their place on the food chain though. If the skateboarders wanted to skate the rail then they were supposed to watch us skate until we were done.

Aw, the pecking order of "extreme" sports. Poor rollerblader in the video, pro skateboarder Jamie Thomas tried the exact same "leap of faith" on his skateboard and nearly made it. He landed it, but could not roll away (broken board).

And that is not something you try twice. Just like the time I tried to grind the ten-stair rail at UCI and landed on my shoulder. One try was good enough for me.



Actually, one second thought, I decided to include the video of Jamie Thomas trying this spot.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home