First to Third

A run on sports...

Monday, September 10, 2007

A Familiar Facial Expression


Well the Giants season got off to a stellar start last night... they lose starting defensive end Osi Umenyiora, starting RB Brandon Jacobs, and now appear likely to be without their starting QB Eli Manning for at least a month after their loss to the Cowboys.

Tom Coughlin has got to be loving life right now. I mean you have your ex-running back, Tiki Barber, telling the world that he quit football because of his coaching, along with the constant New York criticism. Too bad, because this will give the Giants another reason not to fire Coughlin.

I can just hear it now: "Look at the injuries we have suffered; there is no way we can blame Coughlin."

Forget the fact that I had Jacobs as my third RB on my fantasy football team (and had high hopes for); I just feel plain bad for Eli. Does the guy ever smile? It seems like he has the same facial expression all the time. Like he is going shed one tear down his cheek at any moment.

And he actually had a great game for the Giants, too bad their defense let Tony Romo throw four TDs. Ugh, media jumping on the Romo bandwagon again. It makes me cringe when Romo smiles.

On another note: I am kind of disappointed in Ocho Cinco's (Chad Johnson) TD celebration in the first quarter of the Bengals-Ravens game.
You promised big things Ocho Cinco, now deliver. Oh yeah, and the Ravens already have three turnovers, IN THE FIRST QUARTER!

Time for popcorn.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home