First to Third

A run on sports...

Friday, October 26, 2007

Fight Night - Hockey Edition

I know I do not post interesting news articles or opinions about hockey and the NHL; that is because I do not watch it very often unless it is playoff time. And I have no problem attending a game, especially with a woman, they love hockey games.

What I do find myself doing often regarding hockey is rummaging through YouTube for good hockey fights!

I found this one from a few nights ago between Pittsburgh Penguins' Georges Laraque and Washington Capitals' Donald Brashear:



What is up with the Black-on-Black crime? I kid, but really though, did you know that there are currently only 10 active Black NHL players? I think the announcers should switch from hockey to boxing, they made it exciting. "Southpaw on southpaw!"

Both players are enforcers in the NHL so it should not surprise that they put a good fight on out there on the ice.

A little sidenote for you kids: Have you ever seen the movie Men of Honor with Cuba Gooding Jr. and Robert DeNiro? Well the character Gooding plays, Carl Brashear, is Donald's uncle, who the movie is based on.

Donald Brashear has also trained with boxing legend Joe Frazier.

While searching for good NHL hockey fights, I also found this video that reminded me of NHL '95 on Sega Genesis:



That was Chicago Blackhawks' youngster, Jonathan Toews, who is only 19 years old. I used to be able to pull off those moves in NHL '95 and continued my expertise through 2000. I have seen on MTV how they had Madden Nation as a TV show... they should do it for NHL '95, I would rip it.

Some of the best quotes from the movie Swingers comes at times when they are playing NHL '95:

Trent: Score Chicago!
Sue: F**k! Such f**kin' bullshit!
Trent: [Trent hits the instant replay] Now that was pretty Sue...
Sue: Man, don't do the instant replay thing...
Trent: No way, you said it was f**kin' bulls**t.
Sue: Don't do the f**king...
Trent: Well that's why they put the instant replay in the f**king game! So you can see if it's bulls**t!
Sue: You're unbelieveable.
Trent: Well you know something, I am unbelievable.
Sue: [Trent shoves Sue] Don't f**king touch me.
Trent: When I'm not here will you practice?

I am petitioning for NHL '95 tournament to go down in Vegas. Who is with me?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home