First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Referee Made Me Do It


I grew up playing soccer, and I immediately know what you are thinking if you are reading this and live in America. Wuss.

You have seen some of the players. Flopping, complaining, flopping, whining, hot wives, and more flopping.

The funny thing is that the flopping, complaining and whining works in the game.

I found a dude that is taking it to the next level: off the field.

Premier League soccer player Rob Malcolm was recently found in a drunken sleep behind the wheel of his car in the middle of a highway. Who did he blame? A referee from a match that he played the day before.
Malcolm, 27, a Scottish international player, later apologised for the bizarre incident before apparently offering every player's favourite excuse - blaming the ref.

He told fans he was "very upset and frustrated" by official Steve Bratt's handling of a match on Boxing Day, the day before Malcolm was arrested.

Malcolm appeared before magistrates in Chesterfield, Derbyshire charged with driving with excess alcohol.

He blew double the legal limit when he was given the breathalyser.

Another car almost ran into him while he was passed out on the highway.

Hey he was not driving, he was just sleeping. He had this to say: " "I would also like to stress that at the time of the incident, I was not driving my car.

I had pulled over to the side of the road and was sleeping. Once again, I apologise for what has been a major error of judgment."

When he says "pulled over to the side of the road," what he really means is that he had ten scotches and decided the best place to pass out was the middle of the road. Safe right?

And when he says that he "was not driving my car," he means that he drove to that location to pass out and did not pass out while the car was still running.

Ah if life were that easy.

"Yes, I did not do that report boss. And what of it? My old lady pissed me off the night before with her meatloaf. Hey, at least I decided not to do the report on a Friday. We will not have to worry about it until Monday."

I really do not know why many soccer players are injected with wussbag-itis, but the reputation never seems to get away from the 'ballers.

We would not have a Rasheed Wallace in the NBA world if he reacted like Malcolm.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home