First to Third

A run on sports...

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

WNBA's Savior


Now this would give me a reason to watch the WNBA on a nightly basis. Dennis Rodman is seeking to become a WNBA head coach (no word yet on whether he will wear a sports bra).

Rodman is ready for the next challenge in his life.
"Any of my teammates can tell you that my knowledge of the game is
second to none. My team would learn the skills that made me the player that
will send me to the Hall of Fame. Our players would be in top physical
condition. We would lead the league in rebounding, have a defensive-minded
identity, and we'd run the triangle offense."

I always liked Rodman, antics and all, he was a hard worker on the hardwood floor in the NBA. I think this would be perfect for the WNBA. It would really make me watch the games in which his team was involved in.

Michael Cooper is an all-time favorite Laker of mine, but he could not get me to watch when he was with the Los Angeles Sparks. Bill Laimbeer is someone I hate because he was with the Detroit Pistons, and punked Kurt Rambis in a game; not going to get me to watch.

But Rodman, that is a different story. Imagine Rodman doing the Phil Jackson whistle and putting up the triangle sign with his hands? Classic. I believe him, I think he would get a team to buy into what he has to sell.

The only problem that may arise is him partying with the women after their games, and taking it past the coach-player relationship into the "more than friendly zone."

His manager and agent are scheduled to meet with WNBA teams.

WNBA Commissioner Donna Orender better get on the horn with the teams with coaching vacancies and give them ultimatums: "You hire Rodman, or I will bring referee Tim Donaghy into our league."

(Side note - you know it is sad when I Google "WNBA Commissioner" and this comes up: "Did you mean: nba commissioner". Ouch.)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home