First to Third

A run on sports...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Goodbye NFL Week 10


Week 10 of the NFL season has officially come and gone after the Seattle Seahawks took care of the San Francisco 49ers in a 24-0 win. It was the Niners seventh straight loss after winning their first two games.

I am not going to lie, I watched about 1 minute of this game because the UCLA basketball came on and I never looked back. Kevin Love is the man... Anyway, the 49ers were only able to manage 173 yards of offense against the Seahawks.

I do not know how much longer Alex Smith will be playing starting this season, but damn, poor dude is having a bad season. He has only 2 TDs in the six games he has played in (I am not counting a game when he played briefly).

The Seahawks are in first place of the NFC Worst West.

I did not get to see as many games this week because I was eating/drinking at Qualcomm Stadium parking lot in anticipation of Peyton Manning throwing a Colts record 6 interceptions.

What did catch in the parking lot was a combination of the Cowboys/Giants and the Bears/Raiders games. The Raiders game was just ugly to watch, and you know it is bad when Rex Grossman comes into the game to be the hero. And what the hell was with the Giants pass coverage, mainly on Terrell Owens. Dude tore them up. As much as it pains me to say it, he is having a great year. He made the Giants look silly.

Quick hits: The Falcons won their second straight game after a game-winning TD was thrown by Joey Harrington to defeat the Panthers. Like I predicted, Donovan McNabb pulled a Donovan McNabb by having a great game to propel the Eagles over the Redskins. The Jaguars avenged a week 1 loss to the Titans to move into a tie for second place in the AFC South. Cleveland needs to learn how to close games, especially against division rivals, as the Steelers rallied for a big victory. The Vikings took a big blow by losing Adrian Peterson in a 34-0 loss to the now 60,000-passing-yards-Brett Favre and the Packers. Steve McNair had three turnovers all by himself, and Shayne Graham kicked a Bengals record 7 FGs in their win. Miami almost won their first game, but decided it would be cool to continue to be winless, so they lost to the Bills. Denver won for the first time since 2002 in Kansas City. The Lions layed an egg and were upset by the Cardinals.

Stink team of the week: New Orleans did not play like a team on a four-game winning streak, as they were upset by a winless St. Louis Rams team. They were jammed 37-29. The Rams scored 34 unanswered points after the Saints scored on their opening drive.

My picks were atrocious, as the upsets made me look stupid (or maybe I really am).
This week's record: 5-9 (ouch)
Overall record: 63-49

*Side note: I just put two pieces of Dubble Bubble in my mouth and now my jaw is killing me. I do not know how Terry Francona chews the Dubble Bubble like crazy.*

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home