First to Third

A run on sports...

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Did You Know?


That the Women's World Cup 2007 is going on right now in China right now? Too be honest, I forgot until my cousin reminded me that they were being played until September 30.

And Team USA has advanced to the quarterfinals after beating Nigeria today. They will face England on September 22.

It is not surprising that the television ratings are not the best right now, the time slots are not very friendly. Not many U.S. households are going to wake up early during the week to catch a Women's World Cup game.

Team USA has a good shot at advancing to the final but may not get the coverage like they did in 1999, when the World Cup was held in the U.S., and Brandi Chastain lost her jersey after hitting a penalty kick.

Group play will end tomorrow.

More on the World Cup later... I have to educate myself further to write more about something I have not been watching.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home