First to Third

A run on sports...

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Arte Moreno - Great Owner


From my friend Stacey about her experience with Los Angeles Angels Owner Arte Moreno last night:
Well first of all, when he was leaving after the Angel game tonite, of course he signed autographs and took pictures...he's kickass like that. He also told Jason he remembered him from spring training...he gave him a signed ball after one of the games because Jason had waved at him to say hello.

He proceeds to offer the group of us tickets for the game tomorrow...they will be in will-call...they're pretty good seats too!!

Then he asks if we had shirts...it was funny because no one had an Angel shirt on. Someone asked if he was gonna give us shirts. Well, he said we needed to look like real Angel fans so he had the workers open the already closed team store...by then a group of people had gathered around to see what was going on...he let everyone...probably between 30 and 40 people by then...go into the team store and pick out whatever shirt they wanted and gave it to us for FREE. He also threw in hats too! Can you freakin believe that?? It was pretty damn cool...I got pictures because he stood at the register and signed everyone's hat and shirt and took more pictures until the last person got their stuff.

I've always thought he was a nice guy, but that was really an unforgetable experience...so there's my shout-out to Arte Moreno...best owner in baseball...and one hell of a kick-ass Mexican!!

I am sure other owners in professional sports have done things like that, and know they donate to charities, but to hear it first hand from a friend makes me appreciate respect the Angels owner even more than I already do.

Moreno could have easily taken the back door out of the stadium and left the park unnoticed. Instead, he decides to go out in public knowing that Angels fans would recognize him, and treats them to free gear and tickets.

A great man, a great man.

Although, he did raise the light up cups in right field by a dollar. I am just saying ... I guess we all have our imperfections.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2008 at 12:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

     
  • At April 11, 2008 at 12:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home