First to Third

A run on sports...

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A £ For Your Thoughts


I need to study soccer more than listening to my uncle and cousin talk about the game... that or pay attention to the upcoming debacle that will be of me running on a real outdoor soccer field trying to play again.

Anyway, lets not tell Jim Rome that I play soccer, I need to keep my clone reputation.

A punter turned £ 1 into £ 28,000 after picking the correct outcome of 14 straight futbol (soccer) matches.

A William Hill spokesman said: "The man found 13 winners on Saturday by backing WBA, Tranmere, Dundee, East Fife, Doncaster, Millwall, Wycombe, Bristol City, Hamilton, Cardiff, Swansea, Chesterfield and Rotherham, which turned his pound into over £12,000."

The gambler then wagered a Hull City victory over Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday and was rewarded when veteran Dean Windass struck with a 33rd minute free kick winner.


I really need to talk to this "punter." I am actually confused on what a "punter" is... are they talking about a punter in American football, or a punter of... um, I am not really sure what other kind of punter there is in this world.

But really. I bet on the Lakers to beat the Celtics this past weekend even though the Lakes were wearing baby shorts. And I also got suckered into a bet that the Oregon Ducks would lose to South Florida in their bowl game.

Shoot, I will back this "punter" with £ 8 then we can roll to Vegas to bet on UCLA losing in the Las Vegas Bowl... that bet never fails.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home