First to Third

A run on sports...

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Carolyn Hughes Got Off Lucky



The ex-wife of Derek Lowe could have gone on television like this lady, Hu Ziwei, and announce his affair to the world during an Olympics press conference.

Ziwei is the wife of popular sportscaster Zhang Bin in China. The incident took place during the launch of China Central Television's Olympic coverage, where Ziwei embarrassed her husband by divulging his infidelity in front of his colleagues and athletes.

The following is the transcript:
I am here on the stage not as an anchor, but as the wife of the person beside me, Mr. Zhang Bin.
Would you please spare one minute and listen to me?
It is a special date for the Olympics Channel and for Mr. Zhang Bin.
But for me, it also a special day.
Just two hours ago, I found out that Mr. Zhang Bin is having an illicit relationship with a woman other than me.
The coming year is the Olympic year, and the whole world will be watching China and Chinese people.
But a French diplomat has mentioned before that China won't become a powerful nation until it can export its value system.
If Chinese people don't have a great leader to build their value system, then what sense does it make?
Please allow me to finish my words.
Is this the way you treat a weak and poor lady?
I have one last thing to say
Let's fight politely.
But that French diplomat mentioned before, China won't become a great nation until it can export its value system.
Standing before us is the prim and proper Mr. Zhang Bin … but he is not able to face himself
and not even his harmed wife
I believe that if China wants to be a great country
... Do you guys have any conscience left?
Leave me alone!
This the last Sunday left (before 2008).
Tomorrow, everybody will begin spending a long vacation, but Zhang Bin and I are not able to do that...

(Other voice): We TV presenters are like a family, how could you?

I'm sorry. I wish everybody a happy new year. I apologize to Director Jiang (Heping, of CCTV Sports).
I hope this won't bother the next athlete to come on stage.


Has to suck for that dude. The Olympics are coming to town and you are one of the alpha pups in the sports broadcasting world only to have your wife announce your affair at the launch of the coverage. And then the video hits the internet for the entire world to see.

Buck up Zhang Bin, Derek Lowe is still on the big stage performing after his affair went public. Hey, at least the Olympics will get hosted in China again in four years.... errr I mean you will not have another opportunity to be the top sportscaster at the Olympics in your hometown again.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home