First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Baby Got Back


Serena Williams may get all the love when it comes to booty compliments among me, but Venus got recent commentary love from a broadcaster during the Australian Open.

Roger Rasheed, a former coach of Lleyton Hewitt, made some comments about Venus' backside during her match against Yan Zi.
"Take a look at this now. Make or think as you will, ladies, but for me, that's a pretty good sight,'' he told co-commentators Tracy Austin and Nicole Bradtke.

The network will not place any disciplinary action on Rasheed despite numerous complaints.

Here is the video:


I wonder what he would say during one of Serena's matches; she has the real booty of the family. His arms shrug owns after he makes the comment.

Distasteful comments during match play? Yes. The producer should carry the same blame for allowing that replay to air at Rasheed's request.

Being a dude, I think it is funny. But I guess I can be all sensitive and mention that it might be sexist. Might.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home