First to Third

A run on sports...

Friday, November 16, 2007

It Is All A Conspiracy

Why? Why do the former '72 Dolphins players keep opening their mouths daring the Patriots to go 19-0 this year?

In this edition we have running back Mercury Morris from the '72 Dolphins talking about the Pats this season:

"They're comparing them [the Patriots] to a 17-0 team? If they were 17-0, but I think they are like 10 games short right now, right? They got 10 more icebergs to go through in this titanic trip that they're talking about. So far nobody's made it across their except us! So we're over docked here waiting on ya!"

"Right now, they haven't done that. Don't call me when you're in my town. Call me when you're on my block and I see ya next door when you're moving your furniture in. That's when I know you're going to the championship to play. And if you win it I'll be dressed up in a tuxedo waiting on my bride."

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I am not blaming this on Morris, I blame ESPN. It is a conspiracy. They want a Boston year. How the hell did this interview come about?

In the morning roundtable of ESPN: "So far we couldn't get any comments this week from some of the '72 Dolphins, but I heard Mercury Morris is throwing a couple of brews back on the golf course today. Lets get a team there, wait until he has a 6er in him, then put the microphone in his face."

Doesn't ESPN have better things to cover? Immediately after this interview was shot I guarantee the video was sent to an ESPN reporter in Foxboro and shown to all the Patriots players.

I beg you '72 Dolphins, please keep your mouth shut... these Pats do not need any more motivation.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home