First to Third

A run on sports...

Friday, October 19, 2007

Press Conference Gems

For you to relax in the final hours of your work week:

Chicago Cubs manager Lee Elia tirade about Cubs fans in which he drops the "F" bomb like crazy in 1983. Turn down the volume or throw on the head phones if you are at work. At home, turn it up!


Colorado football coach Dan Hawkins talking about the players break, and the anonymous letter he received from a parent. "Go play intermurals brother, go play intermurals."


Former Temple coach John Chaney wants to kick former UMass coach John Calipari's ass, and I believe him. Problem is it has not happened yet, come on Chaney, you promised.


Kansas City Royals manager Hal McRae goes nuts in 1993. I love the guy at the :57 mark, classic look on his face. I wonder how the next day went when they wanted to talk to McRae, awkward.


This one is not a press conference, but is the best ejection from a baseball game, ever. It is Mississippi Braves manager Phillip Wellman setting a new bar for antics following an ejection. At the 2:05 mark you can see the second baseman smiling, who wouldn't?


A gem I know you have seen, but it never gets old. Whether it be the original or in a Coors Light commercial. Dennis Green and the Cardinals knew who the Chicago Bears were and they let them off the hook. God I love the back of his head.


There are plenty that I know I left off, but do not want to take up the whole page with videos. My apologies to the following: Jim Mora, Herm Edwards, Mike Gundy, and the master of the press conference, Bobby Knight.
Enjoy, and feel free to tell me your favorites that I left off in the comments section. Have a happy Friday afternoon.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home