First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

NFL Week 7 Picks


Let me try this again....

It is time, it is time my friends. Week 7 NFL picks, the fifth installment of weekly picks in the NFL season by First to Third (started in week 3).

Games of the week:
Kansas City v. Oakland - With San Diego looking like they are ready to act like the 14-2 team they are, this game is important for the these AFC West squads to stay close to the Chargers in the standings.

Houston v. Tennessee - Why is this game important you ask? Same reason as above. If either of these teams want a chance in the AFC South then they must win their division matchups. Sure, they are chasing Indianapolis and Jacksonville, but you never know what might happen.

Indianapolis v. Jacksonville - 5-0 v. 4-1. AFC South matchup. Monday night football. Last time they met the Jaguars ran all over the Colts. This is the big daddy of the games this week.

Now onto the picks:

Baltimore Ravens @ Buffalo Bills - Kyle Boller will start for the Ravens and they are 2-0 in his starts this year. Willis McGahee will return to Buffalo to face his former team and try to make a statement. Baltimore.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions - Both running games are not great for these teams, leaving a lot of responsibility on the quarterbacks. Bucs QB Jeff Garcia has not thrown an interception this year (please do not let me jinx him, he is on my fantasy team) and that will be the difference in this game. He is more careful with the ball and will guide the Bucs to victory. Tampa Bay.

Tennesse Titans @ Houston Texans - One of my "games of the week" and it might not include a certain Madden '08 coverboy, Vince Young. I am banking on the fact that Young will not be playing in this game when I make this pick. If he did play I would have no problem picking the Titans. Houston.

New England Patriots @ Miami Dolphins - My goodness. 6-0 v. 0-6. All I hope is that Ronnie Brown scores a pair of touchdowns on Sunday. Laurence Maroney, you are a wuss, play already. I remember when the Dolphins upset the Patriots in 2004, 29-28. I was at a Friday's enjoying a cold beverage with my girlfriend at the time. I was watching the game while she was talking my head off; I, of course nodded my head and wrinkled my eyebrows to show some interest in what she was saying. Needless to say, I had no problem dropping $100 on drinks that night after the game. I was happy. New England.

San Francisco 49ers @ New York Giants - The Giants are playing like they want to get the attention of NFL analysts, who were previously enamored with the Cowboys. Well, I think the Giants are making their case after winning four consecutive games following an 0-2 start. Brandon Jacobs, just get in the end zone once. New York.

Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints - I am not ready to proclaim that the Saints offense is back, but last week was a start. Byron Leftwich will be the starting QB for Atlanta, but their offensive line will remain the same. That is a problem, especially with Leftwich starting. New Orleans.

Arizona Cardinals @ Washington Redskins - The Cardinals may be forced to start either Tim Rattay or Tim Hasselbeck in place of Kurt Warner; both Tim's cannot carry this squad over the Redskins. The good news? Tim Hasselbeck's wife, The View star Elizabeth Hasselbeck, took an early maternity leave in hopes of seeing her husband play football. Washington.

New York Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals - Ugh. Where is the option where I pick neither team? I like the Bengals offense better than the Jets. But my cousin Gabe's football team can throw up 30 points on the Bengals defense right now. I hate to pick them, but...Cincinnati.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Oakland Raiders - The Chiefs were able to get some points on the board thanks largely to the aforementioned defense of the Bengals. This week they face the Raiders in Oakland. Raiders running back LaMont Jordan is going to have a good game, I can just feel it. Oakland.

Minnesota Vikings @ Dallas Cowboys - Adrian Peterson will face a tough Dallas run defense. Dallas running backs will face a tough Minnesota run defense. Vikings QB Tavaris Jackson cannot throw like Cowboys QB Tony Romo. Dallas.

Chicago Bears @ Philadelphia Eagles - If Chicago wants a chance to compete in this game, they better have figured out what is wrong with their run defense. Both teams have been inconsistent this year so this can be anyone's game. Chunky soup... wait Brian Urlacher also endorses the stuff; well Donovan McNabb is better than Brian Griese. Philadelphia.

St. Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks - Rams QB Marc Bulger and his broken ribs will be playing this Sunday to try and break a six-game losing streak for the Rams. The Seahawks have been horrible as of late. I think the Dolphins need company at 0-7. Seattle.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos - The Steelers are getting some offensive firepower back this week following a bye week. Flying under the radar so far, the Steelers are 4-1 coming into this matchup, looking to stay in the hunt for the best record in the AFC. Pittsburgh.

Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars - DO NOT MISS THIS GAME. It will be as good as advertised, wait, this isn't the "showdown in Dallas"? Who cares then? Trust me. This will be a great game between the AFC South rivals. The Jags have won four straight, while the Colts are coming off a much needed bye week. Expect the Colts to have Joseph Addai, Marvin Harrison, and Bob Sanders back this week. Indianapolis.

Week 6 record: 9-4
Overall record (started in week 3): 33-24

Enjoy your Sunday football, and do not forgot to catch Cal beating up on UCLA on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home