First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Sad Day For Tennis... And My Eyes


Martina Hingis has announced she is retiring from professional tennis after testing positive for cocaine at Wimbledon this year.

She brought up the fact that she tested positive at this year's event, and had this to say:
"The reason I have come out with this is because I do not want to have a fight with anti-doping authorities," Hingis said.

"Because of my age and my health problems I have also decided to retire from professional tennis."

She first retired in 2003 due to injuries and made a comeback in 2005.

I fell in love with women's tennis because of this girl. The Czechoslovakian-born Swiss did it for me, not Anna Kournikova. Do not get me wrong, Kournikova is a beauty, but Hingis had that exotic look to her.

Not only did she have the looks, but she had a sharp tongue; unafraid to speak her mind about her opponents.
When talking about how Amelie Mauresmo is a lesbian, Hingis said she was "half a man already."

I am going to miss her on the court.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At November 2, 2007 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I remember in chemistry class at El Dorado, Mr. Oberle passed out an information sheet to fill out so he could get to know you.

    I remember vividly that in the heroes section I put, "Martina Hingis."

    HAHAHAHAHAHAH

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 11:08 AM , Blogger L.J. said...

    LOL Oberle... that guy was a wuss

    She looks like she is a freak behind closed doors

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "She looks like she is a freak behind closed doors"

    All Coked Up, everyone looks like a freak...

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Even without the Coca-Cola I can tell she's a hyper little Swedish vixen in the sack.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home