First to Third

A run on sports...

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Do Not Knock The Byrd Man


I hardly followed Paul Byrd prior to the 2005 baseball season, the year the Angels signed him.

Did you know? He went 17-11 for the Kansas City Royals in 2002, when the team lost 100 games? A poor mans Greg Maddux. Poor in accolades, yes. Poor in fan love, no.

Byrd immediately became one of my favorite pitchers on the Angels pitching staff. Down-to-Earth, excellent control, no over powering stuff, hardly walked anybody, great teammate, the list could go on... He is the real deal.

I remember watching him pitch a shutout in Boston in September. The whole time I was watching I was thinking to myself, "this guy needs to stay with the Angels forever. Why did it take so long for me to follow this man?"

Poor guy, his son does not even think he is a stellar pitcher.

I bet you his son is happy to gloat about his dad at school now.

Now everyone do the Byrd flap. Get them Red Sox!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home